June 9, 2013

Lewis County Historical Bike Ride ....

May 11, 2013

I belong to the Chehalis-Centralia Optimist Club. 
The Optimist Clubs are dedicated to 
"Bringing Out the Best in Kids"
and do their part with community service projects.
Here is the link to their Facebook and website.

Every year the club puts on the Lewis County Historic Bike Ride. 
This year was the 31st.
I have ridden it for the past 4 years.

Denny, Wes and I rode it this year. 
This was mine and Wes's first ride of the year in preparation for the 
Seattle to Portland (200 mile) bike ride this year on July 13th and 14th.
Wes rode the STP with me last year. 
Wes, Pam and I are all riding this year. 

It is going to be a tough one this year, we haven't really trained. 
With all the training for my marathon I haven't gotten much "butt time" in. 
People have ask me what "butt time" is, 
well it is just having you butt in shape to sit/ride a bike for 9 to 10 hours in a day. 









This was Denny's longest bike ride so far. 
Denny lost his chain right at the top of a big hill we had just gone up.



We got in 42 miles. 
I was really impressed with how well Denny did. 
Towards the end of the ride he really started to cramp. 
Great job babe. 

Thanks to all my other club member's and all the volunteers that all helped
 out with this ride so I was able to ride. 
There were over 150 riders. All money went to scholarships for 8th graders 
and sponsorship for local athletic teams and events. 
Can't wait until next year. 

Great job Chehalis-Centralia Optimist Club.